Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
Benefits at a Glance:
ASC provides the following competitive benefits:
- 100% cover medical, dental, Vison
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid time off, sick leave and holidays
- Retirement savings plan – 401K plan
- Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scientist, Assay/Process Development (Location: Milpitas, CA, US)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative scientist with strong experience and in-depth scientific background in assay and process development including cell line and in vivo based assays to support our clients in developing gene and cell therapy products.
1. Cell manipulation and genome editing
- Develop and establish standard operating procedures for cell culture and genome manipulations in stem cells (mesenchymal stem cells, hematopoietic stem cells, iPSC) and iPSC derived cells. Research and perform on cell manipulation procedures which include but not limited to genome editing procedures, cell culture and transfection, selection and clonal expansion and scale-up, stem cell and/or cellular product cryopreservation, cell enrichment, cell evaluation and sorting, cell product thaw/wash and preparation for infusion.
- Establish procedures to comply with FDA’s GLP regulations as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies. Develop in vivo and in vitro assays such as quantitative PCR, ddPCR, next-generation sequencing-based or ELISA-based assays, immunohistochemistry, and etc.
- Develop assays such as potency assays, product stability assays to support gene and cell therapy strategies towards clinical products. Demonstrate and maintain working and theoretical knowledge of up-to-date stem cell and gene therapy trend and technology advancement.
- Document diligently on all experimental designs, protocols, data collection, and reports.
2. Proof-of-concept in vivo experiments
- Design and perform assays for preclinical animal experiments and processes including proof-of-concept functional studies, preliminary toxicology studies, biodistribution, immunogenicity, and etc.
3. Collaborative teamwork
- Collaborate and communicate internally with other team members as well as with external collaborators.
- Transfer of technologies and procedures to other team members and collaborators’ institutions and companies, training of technologists and writing Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Core competencies
- Gather relevant information systematically; break down problems into simple components and make sound decisions.
- Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; and offer new ideas, solutions and/or options.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsibility and a commitment to excellence, ethical practice and on-going professional development. Adhere to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Possess teamwork spirit and show concerns to other team members with effective communication skills
- Prioritize and strive to meet deadlines.
PhD in biology/medical field such as molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, or hematology. Experience with animal models is preferred.
Required: 3+ year experience in cell culture and manipulation, flow cytometry techniques, and demonstrated assay development capabilities.
The successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced team environment developing highly needed assays and processes to support custom cell and gene therapy product needs.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager (Location: Milpitas, CA, US)
A Project Manager should have experience in leadership to be held accountable for overall project implementation. The incumbent should be passionate, energetic, and detail-oriented. This person should have a creative and analytical mind, while capable of managing critical and complicated situations. This position provides a unique opportunity to join and contribute to a fast-paced team, with a cutting-edge technology platform, and ample opportunity to grow with the company. The job function includes scientific research and collaboration with applied StemCell partners and clients.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Build positive professional relationships with clients and associates by integrating the client’s needs into the new project design.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans by aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high-performance project teams, while serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Assess risk management within project teams and ensure risks has appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- MS in Biology Sciences, PhD is preferred
- Strong knowledge/experience and skills in wet lab, including molecular and cellular biology, gene modification for human cell lines including stem cells, and transgenic animal models
- Experience in the biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Computer program skills, including but not limited to, MS office applications, bioinformatics and statistics.
Account Manager (Location: Milpitas, CA, US or Remote)
Regional Sales Manager. This position is responsible for representing and selling our products and services by maintaining and expanding customer base in the academic, governmental and industrial segments.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Maintains and expands customer base; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; tracking competitors.
- Reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Responsible for local tradeshow logistic and organization
- Need to represent the vision and quality policy of our company to the scientific communities
Requirments: Education: B.S. in Scientific Discipline required, M.S. preferred. Sales Experience: 3 - 5 years of demonstrated, successful sales experience preferably to life science research and industrial customers is required. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Develops and manage a sales plan and strategy for assigned accounts and territory. Can multi-task in a demanding environment. The ability to understand the science behind our products/Services and uses. Basic laboratory experience is a must, specifically for the applications in molecular cloning, DNA construct, genome editing, SNP genotyping, cell culture, stem cells or iPSCs.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in Life Sciences industry or equivalent
- B.S. required; M.S. preferred
- Highly self-motivated and capable of managing a large geographical territory
- Experience with gene editing is an additional plus
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Experienced with Customer Record Management tool