ESC tested Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
ESC-Sure™ ESC-Qualified Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) is high quality, extensively tested FBS that is especially suited for use in embryonic stem cell (ESC) culture. It strengthens the growth of ESCs while maintaining them in their undifferentiated and pluripotent state.
Embryonic stem cells require very stringent protocols for growth without differentiation and many biomolecules in the sera or media can trigger undesired differentiation. Our ESC-Sure™ FBS can provide the assurance scientists need for ES-cell culturing while saving time, money and effort. The screening involves rigorous testing for plating efficiency, supporting undifferentiated growth of mouse ESCs (mESC) for more than 5 passages.
A certificate of analysis will be provided with each lot of ESC-Sure™ ESC-Qualified FBS.
Advantages of Applied StemCell’s ES-grade FBS:
- Prescreened serum for maintenance of strong cellular growth and normal stem cell morphology
- Quality tested for > 5 passages of mESCs
- Triple 0.1 µM filtered for sterility
- Lowest endotoxin levels and hemoglobin content
- Low batch to batch variation
- Serum derived from aseptically collected blood in USDA approved abattoirs
Figure. ESC-Sure™ FBS is extensively tested for supporting undifferentiated growth of mESCs. The image shows healthy mESC that were cultured in a MEF-feeder cell system along with ASC's ES-grade FBS.
Applied StemCell's cited/ published journal articles:
- Miljan, E. Chapter 8: The business of stem cell research tools. Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine: Science, Regulation and Business Strategies. (2015); pg149.
- Hubbard, K., et al. Vis. Exp. (96), e52361, doi:10.3791/52361 (2015).
- Beske, PH., et al. (2016). Toxicological Sciences. 149(2):503-15. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfv254
- Stanford Medicine Transgenic Research center (http://med.stanford.edu/transgenic/esmeflif.html)
- Hathaway, N. A., et al. (2012). Cell,149(7), 1447-1460.