Applied StemCell offers a number of plasmids that can be used for our TARGATT™ technology. Each plasmid has a unique combination of promoters and marker genes to meet your special needs and ensure robust transgene expression.
TARGATT™ 2 (CAG + Poly A)
TARGATT™ 3 (no promoter + MCS)
TARGATT™ 6.1 (CAG-L4SL-MCS-PolyA)
TARGATT™ 7 (PGK-MCS-PolyA)
TARGATT™ 8 (PCA-MCS-PolyA)
TARGATT™ 9.1 (PCA-L4SL-MCS-PolyA)
Proof of Concept
Goal: To clone a GFP fragment into the MCS of TARGATT™ 6.1 (CAG-L4SL-MCS-PolyA)
One million HCT116 cells were transfected with 5 µg of TARGATT™ 6.1-GFP plasmid (CAG-L4SL-GFP), and with or without 2.5 µg Cre-expression plasmid using Neon® electroporation system. In the presence of Cre recombinase expression, the LoxP-4stop-LoxP was deleted and GFP reporter was expressed. In the absence of Cre-expression, the GFP expression was silenced by the 4 stop codons in LoxP-4stop-LoxP cassette.
Description of the technology
- Zhu, F., et al. (2014). Nucleic acids research, 42(5), e34-e34.
- Tasic, B., et al. (2011). PNAS USA, 108(19), 7902–7907.
Commentary, comparison with other transgenic methods
- Rossant, J., et al. (2011). PNAS USA 108(19), 7659–7660.
Tet inducible mice generated by TARGATT™
- Fan, X., et al. (2012). Endocrinology, 153(11), 5637–5644.
Advantage of Hipp11 (H11) locus
- Hippenmeyer, S., et al. (2010). Neuron, 68(4), 695–709.
Applications for mice generated by TARGATT™
- Booze, M. L., et al. (2016). Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 99: 533-543.
- Feng, D., et al. (2016). The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 126(6).
- Park, K. E., et al. (2016). International journal of molecular sciences,17(6), 810.
- Sun, N., et al. (2015). Measuring in vivo mitophagy. Molecular cell, 60(4), 685-696
- Guenther, CA., et al. (2014). Nature genetics, 46(7), 748-752
- Devine, WP., et al. (2014). eLife, 3, e03848.
- Villamizar, C. A. (2014) UT GSBS Dissertations and These (Open Access). Paper 508 (2014)
- Fogg, PC., et al. (2014). Journal of molecular biology, 426(15), 2703-2716
- Chen-Tsai, RY. (2014) Chinese Science. 59:1-6.
Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) is required. Please contact us for more details.