TARGATT™ Master Cell Line Generation Service (Custom) - Antibody Discovery and Screening - Cell Line Models - Research
Catalog # :
Questions ? Contact Us
Applied Stem Cell Inc.’s proprietary TARGATT™ technology enables highly efficient site-specific gene insertion in mammalian cells and animals. This technology uses ФC31 integrase to insert any gene of interest into a docking site,that has been pre-engineered in an intergenic and transcriptionally active genomic locus. Our TARGATT™ technology improves several aspects in the generation of transgenic cell lines and animals:
(1) High integration efficiency mediated by ФC31 integrase reduces time and cost
(2) Site-specific integration at a pre-selected genomic locus eliminates position effect and ensures high level expression of the transgene
(3) Integration at intergenic region ensures that no internal genes are interrupted
(4) Single copy gene integration eliminates repeat-induced gene silencing and genomic instability
(5) Site-specific integration allows a precise comparison of the effects of the transgenes among different lines.
TARGATT™ technology can be utilized for a variety of applications including reporter gene expression, gene knockdown, conditional expression, disease cell and animal models.
How does it work?
1) You send us your cells (patient samples, cell lines, etc.) or we can order cells for you from ATCC
- You can provide us with mycoplasma test results, or we can do the mycoplasma testing for you
- Some cancer cells may require karyotype results
2) We insert the attP sites into the cells using our proprietary technology
- You can specify where you would like the attP sites to be located, or we can recommend genomic locations
3) We introduce the new transgene into your cells into the attP site by transfection of the integrase and donor plasmid with marker gene. We can also make TARGATT transgenic mice. Please click here for more information.
Adding TARGATT sites to your cell line allows you to insert any gene of interest in a specific locus in the genome.
- Vector construction
- Transfection / selection
- Cell screening
- Cell expansion / validation
- Cell cryopreservation
Price listed is a general guideline for academic institutes and may vary. Please inquire for quote.