Cardiomyocytes Differentiation Service from iPSC - iPSC Differentiation Service - Stem Cell Services - Services - Research
Catalog # :
Questions ? Contact Us
The advancement of human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology and its differentiation to various somatic lineages has enabled the development of next generation, physiologically cell types that do not rely on embryonic stem cells (ESCs) or primary cell sources, and can be derived repeatedly from iPSCs, a replenishable source with unlimited self-renewal potential. One of the most successfully differentiated terminal lineages is the cardiomyocytes. The cardiomyocytes, also called cardiac muscle cells are a type of muscle cells that make up the heart/ cardiac muscles. They maintain blood circulation in the body by synchronized contractile function/ pumping of the heart, and are highly resistant to fatigue (unlike other muscle cells). Due to their critical function and limited proliferative potential, cardiomyocytes play a central role in both normal and pathological functioning of the heart.
Directed-differentiation of iPSCs to cardiomyocytes yields spontaneously beating cells that are a valuable tool to characterize and evaluate the effect of drugs on cardiac contractility at a cellular level. Another important advantage of iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes is that they offer a more physiologically relevant model to screen drugs for contractile dysfunction and cardiotoxicity as compared to animal models.
Applied StemCell, an expert in stem cell and somatic differentiation technologies offers a high-quality yet affordable custom service to differentiate iPSCs to cardiomyocytes using the most current and efficient differentiation protocols:
- Optimized and standardized protocols for faster and high purity (>80%) cardiomyocyte differentiation
- Differentiation from healthy, disease and genome editing iPSCs from various sources (fibroblasts, PBMCs, cord blood, HSCs, and more)
- Spontaneously beating cell clusters; expression of cardiomyocyte lineage biomarkers*
- Integration-free, proprietary induction protocol and reagents
- Cost-effective, reliable differentiation
* Other characterization and downstream services for drug testing and toxicity screening also available
- iPSC recovery and expansion
- Pathogen screening (if not provided)
- Directed differentiation to cardiomyocyte
- QC: Antibody staining (cTnT, SMA); video (beating cells); recovery test
- Cardiomyocytes differentiated from iPSCs; options available for quantity (Ex. small scale:2 million differentiated cells; medium scale: 2-10 million differentiated cells; large scale: 10-100 million cells).
- QC data: Antibody staining (cTnT, SMA) and video of beating differentiated cells (before cryopreservation), recovery and mycoplasma tests.
- Milestone updates/ reports
Timeline: 4-6 weeks
- Disease Modeling
- In vitro drug testing and cardiotoxicity screening
- Transplantation research
- Study approaches to regenerative medicine
Video of Beating Cardiomyocytes Differentiated from a Control iPSC Line
The videos seen on the top of the page show beating, cardiomyocytes that were differentiated from an integration-free, control human iPSC line. The cardiomyocytes were on day 3 of recovery after cryopreservation (cryopreserved on day 10 of post-differentiation). The videos were taken by bright-field microscopy at 20x magnification.