Leading Gene & Cell Therapy CRO/CDMO
As a leading cell and gene therapy CRO/CDMO, Applied StemCell is a proud supporter of gene editing and stem cell therapy development. With two high-impact platforms, CRISPR/TARGATT™ Genome Editing and iPSC (GMP grade), we seek to help advance the development of novel therapeutics.
Along with our wide range of CRO service options, we provide GMP gene-editing and cell manufacturing services along with cell banking. Our CMC facility is located in Milpitas, California. To meet the needs of the research and biotechnology industry locally and across the globe, the expansion of our cGMP facility is underway and is opening on 5/12/2023.
Provide our clients with tailored cell and gene therapy solutions, including proprietary genome editing, unparalleled iPSC expertise, and high-quality manufacturing services
Rejuvenating lives through accessible, innovative cell & gene products
The "ASC DNA"
- Imaginative for impactful solutions
- Cutting-edge technology to revolutionize our industry
- Believe in our vision and mission to achieve goals, ours and our clients’
- Take ownership, be accountable and enthusiastic with unwavering dedication
- Provide unparalleled technical experience with innovative technologies
- Ability to see things in new and insightful ways
- Open communication
- Respect everyone with mutual understanding
- Social Responsibility
- Stay true to our vision of rejuvenating lives
- Mindful of how our work impacts the world
cGMP Grade iPSC Line & GMP CDMO Services
ASC's new GMP room is certified and fully equipped for iPSC/MSC-derived product development and cell manufacturing.
Strong IP Position
Patented Technology Underscores Differentiated CRDMO Offerings
- 15+ unique patents filed with 5 gene editing patents granted
- CRISPR/Cas technology licensed from MIT/Broad and UC Berkeley/ERS Genomics.
- iPSC technology licensed from iPS Academia, Japan
Unique Site-Specific Technology TARGATT™ Licensable for Cell Therapy Applications
- >30 TARGATTTM license agreements have been executed to companies.
- License-out-ready cell lines
Partners and Customers
With our proprietary site-specific knock-in technology, TARGATT™ and master cell lines we seek to establish new partnerships with researchers and companies focused on cell therapy development, bioproduction, animal model generation, or protein screening.
Applied StemCell’s technology and scientific experience has enabled a successful gene therapy pipeline for intractable monogenic disorders, and the formation of our sister company, ASC Therapeutics (ASCTx) under the Applied StemCell, Inc corporate umbrella. Under the leadership of Dr. Ruby Chen-Tsai who spearheaded the former therapeutics program, Applied StemCell’s mission as a gene and cell therapy CRO will benefit the advancement of safer and effective gene and cell therapy programs with collaborators in the biotechnology industry.