EZ-iPSC Generation Kit - Retroviral & Episomal
Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) are a type of pluripotent stem cells that are derived directly from terminally differentiated adult somatic cells which have been reprogrammed into a pluripotent state. These reprogrammed iPSCs exhibit morphological and functional similarities to embryonic stem cells (ESC) but bypass the ethical concerns and show promise in surmounting the disadvantages associated with developing ESCs for therapeutic purposes.
The Induced pluripotent stem cells have gained tremendous recognition as a game changer for the future of biotechnology and medicine. As researchers continue to further understand, refine and improve iPSC technology, it has already shown promise as a key player in disease modeling, drug development, regenerative medicine and patient specific therapy.
Applied StemCell Inc., is very excited to introduce our latest in iPSC products: Human iPSC Reprogramming kits using
(1) Retroviral vectors (ASK-3012) – Generate pluripotent cell lines from broad range of tissues and cell types using our well- characterized high efficiency protocol with specially optimized VSV-G retroviral cocktail.
(2) Episomal vectors (ASK-3013) – For integration-free and footprint-free pluripotent cells, without the use of small molecules and with flexibility of using feeder-free and feeder-based media, try our high efficiency reprogramming kit which uses our proprietary oriP/EBNA-1 episomal vector.
Both these kits allow you to tailor make your iPS cells to suit to your specific needs for all stages of your pluripotent stem cell research.
- Takahashi, K., & Yamanaka, S. (2006) Cell 126: 663-76.
- Takahashi, K., et al. (2007) Cell 131: 861-72.
- Miura, K., et al. (2009) Nat Biotechnol (2009). 27: 743-5.
- Inoue, H., et al. (2014) The EMBO Journal. 33:409-417