Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) offers a large array of products for site specific transgenics, cell culture, and stem cell research. Our products encompass a wide spectrum, from: high quality transgenic kits for knock-in mice and knock-out mice generation, mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF cells), feeder cells, growth factors, options for stem cell characterization and stem cell differentiation, as well an array of iPSC cells. See below for our full product list.
Applied StemCell’s iPSC catalog includes well-characterized, human iPS cell lines suitable for iPS cell culture applications such as genome editing for disease modeling, for differentiation into cellular lineages of choice and drug toxicity/ efficacy screening:
iPSC & ESC Lines Categories
- Footprint-free iPSC cells (episomal and other integration-free methods) and retroviral-reprogrammed iPSCs
- Characterized for pluripotency markers, karyotyping and differentiation potential; more characterization options are available
- Multiple donor tissues: PBMCs, fibroblasts, cord blood, adipocytes from healthy and diseased patients
- Tested for CRISPR genome editing and differentiation potential into various cell lineages
- Ideal as master iPSC cell lines to build engineered and/or panels of differentiated isogenic cell lineages
iPSC Cells, Human, Disease
We offer fully characterized progenitors and differentiated cell lines derived from integration-free iPSCs using feeder-free culture protocols: Neural stem cells (NSCs), Neurons (Dopaminergic and Cortical neurons), Astrocytes, Microglia and Cardiomyocytes.
The cell lines have been characterized for the expression of characteristic biomarkers using immunohistochemistry and for functional viability. Our isogenic panel of neural lineage cells have also been validated by whole genome profiling to ensure cellular integrity and quality.
These cell lines are ideal for various applications in biomedical and applied research:
iPSC Differentiated Cells Categories
- Disease Modeling
- Drug target discovery
- Neurotoxicity and cardiotoxicity drug screening
- Drug efficacy testing for new neurological drug candidates
- Cell-based therapeutic research
Neural Stem Cell,
Neurons & Astrocytes
Applied StemCell offers research-ready, isogenic panel of genome edited human iPSCs and their differentiated cells from well-characterized control, parental iPSCs. These gene edited human iPSCs and differentiated neuronal lineage cell lines are ideal for hard-to-model or hard-to-source neurological diseases disease modeling, neurotoxicity screening, and drug discovery and screening studies.
- Neuronal disease-specific gene knockout lines recapitulate disease phenotype of patient-derived iPSCs
- Safe harbor locus reporter gene knockin iPSC lines available for quantitative screening experiments
- Ready-to-use Differentiated neuronal lineages: astrocytes, neurons, and dopamine neurons
- Isogenic panel of control neurons, dopamine neurons and astrocytes available as experimental control
Need high-quality reagents and media to maintain robust and undifferentiated stem cells? Applied StemCell has extensively tested and validated their stem cell culture product line for maintenance of iPSCs and ESCs for robust growth, healthy stem cell morphology, and promotion of pluripotency. Try our stem cell-validated treated and untreated mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF) cells.Stem Cell Culture: MEF Cells
MEF Feeder Cells
Tailor-make your own iPSCs using Applied StemCell’s Human iPSC Reprogramming Kits:
(1) EZ-iPSC Generation Kit (Retrovirus Vector) (ASK-3012) – Generate pluripotent cell lines from a broad range of tissues and cell types using our well- characterized high efficiency protocol with our specially optimized VSV-G retroviral cocktail.
(2) EZ-iPSC Generation Kit (Episomal Vector) (ASK-3013) – For integration-free and footprint-free pluripotent cells, try our high efficiency reprogramming kit which uses our proprietary oriP/EBNA-1 episomal vector. The episomal kit does not need small molecules but gives you the flexibility to use feeder-free and feeder-based media.
Create your own iPS cells, to suit your specific needs, at all stages of your pluripotent stem cell research.
The TARGATT™ Master Cell Lines (HEK293, CHO, and iPSC) and transgene knock-in kits are an efficient way to generate stable, isogenic, knock-in cell lines and build large mammalian cell libraries, even large transgenes.
- High knock-in efficiency: with enrichment (up to 90%) or without (up to 40%)
- Site-specific: well-defined, active, intergenic safe harbor locus
- Single copy integration
- Uniform, high level gene expression
- Unidirectional integration
- Overcomes challenges posed by random integration
The TARGATT™ Master Cell Lines are ideal for research in immunocompatible cell therapy & directed-differentiation (iPSCs); gene regulatory elements, protein evolution, antibody/ recombinant protein expression and high-yield bioproduction studies (HEK293 & CHO cells).
ASC’s proprietary TARGATT™ transgenic mouse model generation products offer an affordable do-it-yourself option to generate site-specific transgenic mice very efficiently and in as little as 3 months, in your own animal facility. You can purchase all required components to generate your transgenic "knock-in" mice right here from our ASC website:TARGATT™ Plasmids, TARGATT™ attP mice, and TARGATT™ Transgenic Kits for site-specific knock-in of your transgene, and genotyping kits. The TARGATT™ products are designed based on our expertise in TARGATT™ Custom Mouse Model Generation Service and manufactured in our ISO:9001 QMS-certified facility.
Transgenic core facilities currently using the TARGATT™ system, include UCSF, NIH, MaxPlank, Harvard, Colombia and many more!TARGATT™ Mouse Model Generation Categories
TARGATT™ attP Mice
TARGATT™ Transgenic Kits
TARGATT™ Genotyping Kit
These transgenic Cre rat models have been developed using either ASC's proprietary integrase-based TARGATT™ System or CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology. These Cre rat lines can enable the development of physiologically relevant human cardiovascular, neurological diseases and other disease specific models.
These products were supported by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number R44GM108071. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Applied StemCell, Inc. (ASC) announces that as of July 1, 2020, customers can order the Cre rat lines for research and industrial applications, through our partnering with the Rat Resource & Research Center (RRRC). For more questions regarding the Cre rat models, please visit the RRRC website at www.rrrc.us or contact the RRRC customer service email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These strains will be available as:
Applied StemCell has engineered isogenic panels of extensively characterized, genome edited human iPSC lines that have been shown to recapitulate abnormal neuronal phenotypes seen in patient-derived iPSC.
Engineered iPSCs with knockout (KO) of genes associated with neurological disorders
Isogenic panels of iPSCs from a well-characterized control/ master iPSC line
Fully characterized KO iPSCs: pluripotency, differentiation, and functional phenotypes of differentiated neurons
Overcomes problems with tissue sourcing from diseased patients and varied genetic background which makes results hard to interpret
Our engineered hiPSC lines are physiologically relevant cell lines to model Parkinson’s disease (PD), Alzheimer’s disease, ALS, Schizophrenia, and Autism.
Applied StemCell has engineered two isogenic panels of reporter gene iPSC lines from a fully characterized parental control/ master line (ASE-9109). These reporter lines are ideal for quantitative investigation of intricate genetic and molecular mechanisms underlying lineage-specific development, disease pathology and drug interactions.
Two Isogenic panels of “knock-in” (KI) reporter iPSCs engineered from fully characterized parental control iPSCs:
Neuronal Lineage Specific Reporter iPSCs
Safe Harbor Locus Reporter (Master) iPSCs
Fully characterized reporter iPSCs: pluripotency, differentiation capability, and functionality
Demonstrated use of these reporter lines for high throughput neurotoxicity screening of drug candidates