Cell Line Models
Custom Engineering of Your Master Cell Lines!
Cell line models have been an invaluable resource for biomedical research and preclinical applications for decades. They have played an integral part in understanding cellular physiology, metabolism, signal transduction as well as in vitro disease models for drug target discovery, predicting drug response and action, and for toxicity screening. Applied StemCell has engineered several hundred cell line models for researchers worldwide. We have the most optimized protocols to genetically modify any cell line, even hard-to-transfect cells such as hematopoietic blood lineage cells, primary cells, and sensitive stem cells.
Using unique project design strategies for CRISPR/Cas9 and our proprietary TARGATT™ gene editing technologies, we can generate genetically modified cell lines to model diseases, cellular physiology, and antibody development and drug screening.
- High efficiency gene modification
- Optimized protocols guarantee high success rate and lower costs
- Multi-approach gene modification using CRISPR/Cas9 and TARGATT™ technology
- Genetically modify any cell line:
- primary cells
- cancer cells
- immortalized cell lines
- iPSCs, ESCs
- CHO cells
- Engineer a variety of mutations:
- Gene knockout
- Gene knock-in (KI): locus-specific gene insertion; KI into safe harbor locus; gene tagging/ reporter gene insertion
- Gene overexpression (Eg. Antibody/ antigen expression)
- Conditional / inducible gene expression
- Promoter modifications
- Gene editing/ correction, including single base changes
- Gene replacement; gene therapy
- Gene fusion/ translocation
- Removal of viral sequences
- Stable cell lines / immortalization Customizable deliverables: custom heterozygous/ homozygous clones; point mutations without silent mutations, and more
Applied StemCell also has the most comprehensive start-to-finish stem cell technology platform for all your stem cell needs:
- iPSC generation/ ESC derivation
- Stem cell characterization including teratoma and EB formation
- Genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9
- Master cell line generation using TARGATT™
- Stem cell differentiation: neural lineage, cardiomyocytes, hepatocytes, hematopoietic lineage
- Stem cell culture services
Applications: Disease modeling and correction, studies to elucidate cellular and genetic mechanisms, drug target discovery and screening, antibody validation and tissue engineering.