CRISPR/Cas9 Conditional Knockout Mouse Model Generation Service
Applied StemCell’s PrimeCKO™ Conditional Knockout Mouse Models service will enable you to have precise control over where or when your gene of interest in knocked out. Using CRISPR and the Cre-Lox system, we can generate floxed Conditional Knock-out Mouse Models for a variety of temporal and spatial knock-out conditions in mice.
- Tissue-specific/ inducible knockout; also suitable for constitutive knockout
- F1 breeding for germline transmission
- Fast turnaround of 5-8 months
- Novel CRISPR strategy for higher efficiency and success rate
- Animal generated in a AAALAC-accredited animal facility in the USA
- Animal IP belongs to customers
You can breed the “floxed” PrimeCKO™ conditional knockout mice with commercially available Cre mouse lines or we can custom generate a Cre mouse model using our TARGATT™ site-specific knock-in technology for high level Cre expression.
- At least 2 founders (or germline transmitted F1s) with confirmed mutation
- Milestone update/report; final report with a detailed description of each procedure, including targeting vector design, construction and validation, transfection condition, genotyping strategy, and results.
Standard Workflow and Timeline:
- CRISPR Vector construction: gRNA design, validation, donor DNA construction, in vitro transcription and QC for Microinjection
- Pronuclear injection and embryo transfer
- Genotyping of offspring for integration, animal care and housing
- Recommended: F1 Breeding of founders for germline transmission
Timeline: Founders (F0), 3-6 months; Germline transmitted F1, 5-8 months
- Study critical gene/ protein mechanism and function at the tissue-specific/cellular level
- Disease modeling for gene dysfunction in specific cell types
- Cell-type specific target validation
- Preclinical safety and toxicity studies
For constitutive conditional knockout, ASC offers custom gene knockout mouse models using CRISPR/Cas9.
All our animals are housed in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International and is a registered research facility with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.