Conditional Knockout iPS Cell Generation Service
Cell lines with a loss-of-function gene mutation is an invaluable tool for studying and understanding the function of genes and gene products. But a constitute knockout of an essential gene can affect cell viability and survivability. A conditional knockout cell line could rescue a potential lethality and give better control over the expression of the gene, as well as offer a more physiologically relevant model to study the role of the target gene and provide a target for drug discovery.
- Optimized CRISPR protocols for high success rate
- Homozygous/ heterozygous conditional knockout clones
- Footprint-free, feeder-free transfection and iPSC culture protocols
- Isogenic control lines for reliable experiments
- Fully customizable
- Ship 2 million frozen cells in cryovials (two (2) vials with 1 x 10^6 cells/vial)
- With pathogen and SARS-CoV-2 test results
- Two (2) clones with confirmed modification(s), with two (2) vials of each clone at 1 x 10^6 cells/vial.
- Project Milestones Reports, as well as a Final Report containing details of targeting design, experimental, and genotyping results.
Standard Workflow & Timeline:
- Cell line evaluation
- gRNA design, CRISPR vector, and donor DNA construction, and reagent validation
- Transfection of targeting vectors and optimization
- Screening for single-cell clones and clone confirmation
- Cell expansion and cryopreservation
Timeline: 3-4 months
Required Starting Material & Information
- Send us your healthy/ patient iPSC or ESC lines; OR
- Choose from our well-characterized control “master” iPSC line; OR
- Send in your human or non-human samples and we will generate your iPSCs using our optimized reprogramming protocols
- Pathogen and SARS-CoV-2 test results
- Physiologically relevant disease models for hard-to-model diseases (Ex. ALS, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's)
- Differentiate to study mutations in different tissue lineages with an isogenic panel of cell line models
- Ideal for target drug discovery, drug and toxicity screening
Downstream iPSC differentiation and assay development services are available.ASC encourages you to learn about our new GMP-grade iPSC services and how you can move your iPSC gene knockout projects into a GMP setting.