Knockout Rat Service Details
- Fully Customizable - Inquire
Applied StemCell’s comprehensive rat generation service platform uses upgraded designing strategies, highly optimized protocols, and validation methods to generate rat models successfully with a fast turnaround and reduced cost.
- At least 2 founders (or germline transmitted F1s) with confirmed gene knockout
- Milestone update/report; final report with a detailed description of each procedure, including targeting vector design, construction and validation, transfection condition, genotyping strategy, and results
Standard Workflow and Timeline:
- Project Strategy & Design
- Vector construction: design, validation, donor DNA construction (if needed), in vitro transcription, and QC for Microinjection
- Pronuclear injection and embryo transfer
- Genotyping of offspring for integration, animal care, and housing
- Recommended: F1 Breeding of founders for germline transmission
Turnaround Time: 6 - 9 months
Service Milestones for the Generation of Knock-out Rat Models
- Gene targeting vector design, construction, and sequencing
- Rat ES cell targeting, screening, and expansion of positive rat ES cell clones
- Karyotyping of targeted rat ES cells
- Chimera production via blastcyst injection
- Chimera breeding for germline transmission
- Genotyping of offspring
- Transfer of heterozygous targeted rats to the customer
- Optional: breeding to generate homozygous rats
Benefits and Applications
- Highly optimized and efficient protocols for precision
- Rat models are generated in the USA in an AAALAC
accredited animal facility
For the knockout of an essential gene, ASC offers PrimeCKO™ Rat Knockout Mouse Model Generation service.
All our animals are housed in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International, has an Assurance on file with the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), and is a registered research facility with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Rat Model Generation At ASC
Custom-designed gene targeting for the generation of constitutive knock-out rat models using our proprietary rat ES cell line.
Our service includes consultation on available gene targeting vector design strategies and project assessment based on your model requirements.
Gene targeting vector is designed starting from a gene accession number. After construction of the targeting vector, it is electroporated into rat ES cells. Targeted ES cell clones are expanded and further validated by genotyping, DNA sequencing, and karyotyping to ensure optimal germline transmission efficiency. ES cell clones that passed QC requirements are injected into rat blastocysts. The resulting chimeras are bred for germline transmission. Germline transmission will be confirmed by PCR genotyping analysis and rats heterozygous for the targeted allele are shipped to the customer.
Optional services include: Cre/FLP recombination, production of homozygous rats, colony production, and phenotyping.
All our animals are housed in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International and is a registered research facility with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.