Quick Knockout (Conventional) Service Details
Applied StemCell’s comprehensive CRISPR mouse generation service platform uses upgraded designing strategies, highly optimized CRISPR protocols, and validation methods to generate mouse models successfully with a fast turnaround and reduced cost.
- Frameshift mutation or targeted deletion
- High-efficiency gRNA for ~100% Cas9 target cutting efficiency
- F1 breeding to confirm germline transmission
- Dedicated project management and timely milestone and final reports
- At least 2 founders (or germline transmitted F1s) with confirmed gene knockout
- Milestone update/report; final report with detailed description of each procedure, including targeting vector design, construction and validation, transfection condition, genotyping strategy, and results.
Standard Workflow and Timeline:
- CRISPR Vector construction: gRNA design, validation, donor DNA construction (if needed), in vitro transcription and QC for Microinjection
- Pronuclear injection and embryo transfer
- Genotyping of offspring for integration, animal care and housing
- Recommended: F1 Breeding of founders for germline transmission
Timeline: 3-5 months
- Study role of genes and proteins
- Disease modeling
- Validate drug targets and specificities
- Genomic validation for antibodies
- Immuno-oncology research and drug discovery
- Preclinical safety and toxicity studies
For the knockout of an essential gene, ASC offers PrimeCKO™ Conditional Knockout Mouse Model Generation service.
All our animals are housed in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International, has an Assurance on file with the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), and is a registered research facility with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.