CRISPR Conditional Knockout Rat Service Details
- Fully Customizable - Inquire
Applied StemCell’s comprehensive CRISPR rat generation service platform uses upgraded designing strategies, highly optimized CRISPR protocols, and validation methods to generate rat models successfully with a fast turnaround and reduced cost.
- High-efficiency gRNA for high Cas9 target cutting efficiency
- F1 breeding to confirm germline transmission
- Dedicated project management and timely milestone and final reports
- At least 2 founders (or germline transmitted F1s) with confirmed gene knockout
- Milestone update/report; final report with a detailed description of each procedure, including targeting vector design, construction and validation, transfection condition, genotyping strategy, and results
Standard Workflow and Timeline:
- Project Strategy & Design
- CRISPR Vector construction: gRNA design, validation, donor DNA construction (if needed), in vitro transcription, and QC for Microinjection
- Pronuclear injection and embryo transfer
- Genotyping of offspring for integration, animal care, and housing
- Recommended: F1 Breeding of founders for germline transmission
Timeline: in as little as 5 months (varies by project type)
Benefits and Applications
- ASC is a premier CRISPR/Cas9 service provider for animal
- Highly optimized and efficient protocols for precision
- In vivo gRNA validation ensures up to 100% target-site
- Rat models are generated in the U SA in an AAALAC
accredited animal facility
For the knockout of an essential gene, ASC offers Rat Knockout Mouse Model Generation service.
All our animals are housed in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International, has an Assurance on file with the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), and is a registered research facility with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.