Lentivirus Stable Cell Line Generation Service
Mammalian cell lines with long-term stable transgene expression or gene knockouts are very effective and valuable research models for basic research, drug discovery and cell/ gene therapy programs. Modified lentiviral constructs provide a highly efficient gene delivery system to generate stable cell line models, by means of their broad host tropism, their natural ability to infect mammalian cells and integrate genetic material into the host genome for long-term stable gene expression. Lentivirus-mediated approach to gene editing is ideal for sensitive cell lines where other methods of delivery are unsuitable or inefficient.
Applied StemCell (ASC) offers a comprehensive custom service for lentiviral-based Stable Cell Line Generation for genetically engineering sensitive cells lines such as hematopoietic/ blood lineage cells, primary cells, terminally differentiated cells such as neurons, and stem cells, as an alternative to our acclaimed CRISPR/Cas9 cell line gene editing platform.
We offer lentiviral stable cell line generation service modules for:
- Gene overexpression
- Inducible gene expression
- Gene knock-down
- Gene knockout
- Fast and cost-effective alternative for engineering sensitive cell lines
- Highly efficient modified lentiviruses with broad tropism to target most mammalian species and cell types
- Well established optimized protocol for reliable and reproducible results
- Non-integrating lentiviruses (IDLVs) available for lenti-CRISPR gene knockout
- Choice of selection markers: antibiotic resistance or GFP for FACS sorting
- High titer viral particles are produced using 3rd generation lentiviral systems for highest biosafety standards
- Gene editing confirmed using Next generation sequencing (NGS) or RT-PCR
Clone gene of interest into lentiviral vectors
|Transduce the cell line of your interest||Select stably transduced cells and confirm gene editing|
Applications include drug screening, functional assays, FACS screening of membrane proteins, long-term protein expression studies, antibody immunization boosting and gene therapy research.
For further details, please refer to the FAQ section of this page. As well, please fill out our lentiviral stable cell line generation service requisition form and our cell biology experts will contact you to answer all your questions and design the best strategy for your specific genetic research and drug discovery needs.
Customer should provide:
- Frozen cells: 2 vials of 10^6 cells/ vial OR live cells: 2 x T25 flasks at 90% confluency
- Detailed information regarding target gene and type of modification required (please fill out a service requisition form)
- Two vials of 1-2 clone(s), if single cell cloning; or 2 vials of pooled clones of final cell line model
- Optional: non-target gRNA-virus available as negative control at a reduced cost
- Clonal expansion and preservation
- Milestone reports and detailed final report
Turnaround time: 3-6 months